[Simh] 101 Basic Games for RSTS/E (was Re: PDP11 on Simh for public access)

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 08:01:47 EST 2018

At one point in the  80’s/90’s several of the standard VMS command line tools were PL/1. I’m thinking in particular of the Error Log Formatter (ANALYZE/ERROR) but I recall some other ANALYZE/ sources being PL/1 as well.

I seem to recall DUMP and maybe some tape utilities were in Pascal.

The talk at DECUS was that Digital purposefully made sure every language was represented in VMS sources!

In the 2000s I recall a lot of the PL/1 and BLISS system sources had been converted to C. I’m guessing the conversion had to be done because not enough staff knew PL/1 or BLISS anymore.

Tim