[Simh] 101 Basic Games for RSTS/E (was Re: PDP11 on Simh for public access)

Jordi Guillaumes Pons jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
Mon Jan 29 04:24:04 EST 2018

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOW::JGUILLAUMES

> IIRC, DECC added #pragma linkage for that.  But that only matters in kernel code - any user mode JSB linkage  in the VAX calling standard has a corresponding CALL linkage.

Just as side info…

IBM added a different C compiler to zOS (MVS) to do systems stuff. They call it “Metal-C” and comes with a different RTL and assorted header files to invoke the MVS macros and address its control blocks.

I don’t know anyone who uses it. We toke a look into it and went back to using assembler to interface with the system.

IBM itself still uses PL/X as systems implementation language., which as far as I know has not been made available to the public until relatively recent times. As the name hints at, it’s a PL/I derivative tailored for systems and low level stuff (although the “regular” PL/I can do it without too much changes).

Jordi Guillaumes i Pons
jg at jordi.guillaumes.name
HECnet: BITXOW::JGUILLAUMES