[Simh] VAX Tape Emulation?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Jan 26 04:27:40 EST 2018

Then I must have misunderstood the usecase. I thought you were looking at preserving a bunch of tapes from a future failure of the hardware.

Are you then looking at ways to perform backups of a physical system to virtual tape?

I would probably give the virtual machine a really big disk and run backup to that remote disk and not try to play with remote tapes.

  Johnny

Zane Healy <healyzh at avanthar.com> skrev: (26 januari 2018 02:54:20 CET)
>If it was applicable to the situation, then VMSTPC would work great.
>It’s already installed on my Alpha, and I’m pretty sure there is a VAX
>binary for it in the VAX directory on there.  I also have it installed
>on my RSX-11M+.  It’s definitely a great tool.  Just not for this. :-)
>
>Zane
>

>> On Jan 25, 2018, at 2:54 PM, Armistead, Jason
><Jason.Armistead at otis.com> wrote:
>>
>> Zane
>>
>> The program that Johnny is thinking of is VMSPTC
>>
>> http://www.digiater.nl/openvms/decus/vax86a/bnelson/vmstpc/vmstpc.c
>>
>> Note sure if this is the latest, but it came up in the first set of
>Google search results for "VMSTPC"
>>
>> Good luck
>> Jason

Skickat från min Android-enhet med K-9 Mail. Ursäkta min fåordighet.