[Simh] Assorted ramblings was: Re: VAX Tape Emulation?

Armistead, Jason Jason.Armistead at otis.com
Thu Jan 25 19:35:03 EST 2018

Clem and all

Your knowledge of this and many other obscure (and not-so-obscure) subjects from the “early days” never ceases to amaze me.  If only there was a way to capture all these anecdotes  into one coherent “Wikipedia of computing history” …  Many of these stories are absolutely fascinating, and often amusing too.  Whether it’s the “he did / she did *THAT* … (which still lives on today)” or “we had to do this because of <some bizarre limitation>” or “we cobbled this together with a few parts lying around in the labs at <fill in the company>”, they are great to read.

Keep sharing the stories !  Long live the glory days of computing !

Thanks
Jason A.