[Simh] VAX Tape Emulation?

Dennis Boone drb at msu.edu
Thu Jan 25 17:22:27 EST 2018

 > At one point, I remember that some VMS folks in ZK3 (CJ Coppersmith
 > seems to stick in my head by I do not remember) were messing we
 > putting a the UCB sockets library into VMS and were somebody ported
 > the Berkeley rcmd(3) suite on VMS from Tru64.

If you're venturing into unix technology, it's possible to mount nfs
shares on the VMS machines.  Then you can use BACKUP to write save sets
onto the nfs share.  There seems to be some care needed with ADF
metadata.  Multinet seems to write this to a hidden file or
subdirectory; not sure what UCX/TCPIP do.

De