[Simh] PDP11 on Simh for public access

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Jan 18 12:13:34 EST 2018

> On Jan 18, 2018, at 11:27 AM, Bryan Davies <bryan.e.davies at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Paul,
>
> unfortunately I'm running RSTS V7 and tbh I'd like to keep it that way because I want to show the old style CLI rather than DCL.   I did try depositing the date and time values as suggested and just on the off chance but it didn't work.
>
> Rgds
>
> Bryan

You don't need to stick with V7 to show the CCL style user interface.  That still works in the latest version.  The difference is that DCL is the default UI, so a user who logs in will normally see the $ prompt, not the old "Ready" from BASIC.

But that too is easy to change.   A one or two line login.com script can switch the user to BASIC, so after login a Ready prompt appears.  Yes, you can get to DCL, but it isn't "in your face".

	paul