[Simh] External bus interface

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Thu Jan 18 05:12:13 EST 2018

Hello,

I wrote a GitHub issue about this, but maybe it's better to bring it up
for discussion on the mailing list.  So I'll copy the text here:

Richard Cornwell's KA10 simulator is getting ready.  At MIT, there were
PDP-11s connected to the PDP-10 memory and I/O busses.  The 11s acted as
dedicated I/O processors.  Some of us are interested in recreating
configurations similar to this.  For example, MIT-AI had a PDP-11
connected to control a number of graphical terminals called Knight TVs.
And another PDP-11 for CHAOS networking.

To hook up separate simulator processes this way, I suppose there should
be some kind of bus interface for SIMH.  The interface would have to
support memory transfers, interrupt signals, etc.

Would it be feasible to create such a bus interface?

Best regards,
Lars Brinkhoff