[Simh] VMware "internal network" and VAX mop frames

Dave L davel.rss at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 21 10:14:37 EST 2018

Have you tried not setting a MAC address on the VMware NIC/switches? Which
NIC type are you presenting to the VM. E1000 is probably the best option
tho VMXNET3 should work too once VMware tools is loaded (E1000 you can get
away without or survive if tools dies for any reason).

On the Alpha side are you running the appropriate PCAP driver on the host
OS, winwoes not interfering by applying any of its protocols on the NIC
and also have the VM switch/ports to accept promiscuos+MAC change+forged
transmits?

Not sure if this guide will help:
http://www.migrationspecialties.com/pdf/VirtualAlpha_UserGuide.pdf