[Simh] Crowther's Adventure game

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Fri Feb 2 03:41:18 EST 2018

Dave L wrote:
> Been a long time since I wrote fortran but IIRC the first character on
> the output line was to perform carriage-control of the LPT, so you'd
> have to always have a leading pad character such as a space in order
> to get the output lines to be correct. Some characters were reserved
> actions, 1 = FF from memory. I've not looked at the code involved but
> that'd be my first thoughts

Thanks.  Since the SPEAK subroutine is only a few lines, I'll post it
here.  Maybe someone hows how TYPE, FORMAT(20A5), and FORMAT(/) work.

        SUBROUTINE SPEAK(IT)
        IMPLICIT INTEGER(A-Z)
        COMMON RTEXT,LLINE
        DIMENSION RTEXT(100),LLINE(1000,22)

        KKT=RTEXT(IT)
        IF(KKT.EQ.0)RETURN
999     TYPE 998, (LLINE(KKT,JJT),JJT=3,LLINE(KKT,2))
998     FORMAT(20A5)
        KKT=KKT+1
        IF(LLINE(KKT-1,1).NE.0)GOTO 999
997     TYPE 996