[Simh] Improved CRT simulation

Tom Morris tfmorris at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 20:08:07 EST 2018

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 3:23 PM Phil Budne <phil at ultimate.com> wrote:

Alas, I've never seen a running PDP-1.  I worked in the building next
> to the Bell's Computer Museum when it was in Marlborough, and it's
> possible they may have demo'ed spacewar now and then.  They had TX-0,
> which had been restored to running condition, but I didn't understand
> its significance until much later.....

When the Computer Museum was in MR2, they definitely fired up Spacewar! for
receptions and open houses.

I think later on they hooked up an external controller to save wear and
tear on the front panel switches, but originally you played standing
shoulder to shoulder at the front panel switch register, peering to your
right at the display off to the side.

Tom