[Simh] Transferring the licence file to the VAX emulator

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Mon Dec 17 14:44:40 EST 2018

Clem Cole wrote:
> .... In the old days, the idea of 'access
> methods' was the natural ways OS's did I/O and RMS was VMS's answer.

Using RMS as the primary way to do file access was dain bramage unique
(at DEC) to VMS, no?  Maybe some fancier versions of RSX-11M double
plus good went that way afterwards....  Maybe it was DEC, sorry
digital trying to go the IBM route (THIMK and all that)....  The logo
went grey at about the time Jupiter was killed, and I certainly look
at that as the beginning of the end (one company, one egg, one basket)
of the transformation of a company run by engineers for engineers
(not that KO had a clue that people wanted/needed computrons at home),
but I suppose the seed may have been planted earlier when a number of
IBM managers joined the company....