[Simh] Transferring the licence file to the VAX emulator

Dave L davel.rss at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:15:04 EST 2018

Likely the issue is that the *nix system presents the text file as
stream-LF format which VMS won't understand as a standard text file which
it would expect to be CR-LF terminated records. VMS convert utility would
be able to fix that as already mentioned, tho you may need to tell it what
record format you want on the output file, can't recall now (or use an FDL
to define the output file format).

Alternatively you can just cut and paste from your host into the terminal
session to get the initial licenses set up and go from there, either
direct to the VMS prompt to action the commands or capture into a command
file ("$ copy TT: license.com" might work, then ctrl/Z when finished).

HTH
Dave