[Simh] Transferring the licence file to the VAX emulator

Bob Eager rde at tavi.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 09:25:06 EST 2018

I'm pretty sure I used VMS CONVERT to fix the licence file.

Another easy way is to use FTP, if you have a server available.

This is vaguely how I did it:

Get an existing file that is a VMS text file:

 $ ANAL/RMS/FDL/OUTPUT=XYZ  textfile

This creates a file called XYZ.FDL that describes the records in the
text file (just a typical text file). It needs to have lines as long as
those in the file to be converted, or just edit XYZ.FDL to change the
max record size.

 $ CONVERT/FDL=XYZ.FDL  inputfile outputfile

(the first being the file off your CD, and the second the converted
version)

My memory is hazy so you might have to fiddle a bit.