[Simh] Terminal Emulation for SIMH?

John H. Reinhardt johnhreinhardt at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 23:48:40 EDT 2017

On 9/12/2017 2:41 PM, Zane Healy wrote:
> What terminal emulators are currently available for Mac OS X that support VT emulation, specifically the emulation of the keypad?  I previously used a script to reconfigure an X-Term, but I seem to recall the functionality in xterm was dropped.
>
> Zane

I use ZOC V7 from EmTec.  Not free, $79.99 but has been worth it. I bought it on V6 and V7 upgrade was free.  Currently any V7.xx update will be free, updates are not timed to a year but version.  I'm guessing I'll have to pay for V8 whenever it comes (no plans for it that I know of yet).  I've been using ZOC for 2-3 years now since I switched from iTerm/iTerm2.  It has semi programmable keyboard layouts similar to PowerTerm.  It doesn't handle LAT, but has Telnet, SSH, and serial ports.  It can also send commands via rlogin, rsh.  It has a macro language based on REXX.  It handles file transfers via SCP, Zmodem, Xmodem, Ymodem, Kermit protocols

I've corresponded with the creator. He's friendly and responds quickly.  He actually develops it on OS X and ports a copy to Windows so the Mac isn't an afterthought like some products.

<https://www.emtec.com/zoc/index.html>  It has a 30 day trial.

--
John H. Reinhardt

.