[Simh] Terminal Emulation for SIMH?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Sep 12 15:59:25 EDT 2017

On 2017-09-12 21:43, Zane Healy wrote:

>> On Sep 12, 2017, at 12:33 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
>>
>> On 2017-09-12 20:41, Zane Healy wrote:
>>> What terminal emulators are currently available for Mac OS X that support VT emulation, specifically the emulation of the keypad?  I previously used a script to reconfigure an X-Term, but I seem to recall the functionality in xterm was dropped.
>>
>> xterm supports the VT keypad just fine without any scripts at all. Just select VT220 keyboard and off you go. (You might also want to set thing like DEL/BS and other things, to really get everything the proper way as DEC intended it.)
>>
>> And so far, xterm is the only terminal emulator (apart from the one in Pathworks) that actually emulated a VT terminal correctly.
>
> Is that xterm on Linux or Mac OS X?  I’ve installed XQuartz, and get keys undefined errors in EDIT.

It's the same xterm. Maybe you've not selected it to use the VT220
keyboard then?
Ctrl+Left mouse, and select the correct type of keyboard. Also, check if
you have 8-bit control enabled, and if the editor in that case can
understand 8-bit control sequences.

As a way of maybe figuring out what you have selected: telnet to
mim.update.uu.se, login with user guest, password guest. Once you've
logged in, type "RUN $TECKEN", and then press keys and see what the
results are.

	Johnny