[Simh] VMS 1.5 installable?

Christian Gauger-Cosgrove captainkirk359 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 22:40:41 EDT 2017

On 17 October 2017 at 16:42, Wilm Boerhout <wboerhout at gmail.com> wrote:

> [ULTRA SNIP]
>
> See also my blog on
> https://vxcompany.com/2016/02/13/a-working-vax-11780-revisited/

This model. I require one in my life.

Anyway, in regards to the whole thing about running VMS 1.5 on SIMH,
and installing it...
Oh hey look I accidentally some links to the install tape, standalone
backup disk pack image, and installation document:
<https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByZVWRZR99KUMHd2YWtkbkVZOTQ>
(Taken from the "Old-VMS V1.1beta" distributed by I-forget-who.)

The installation document is more just a log of a console session
while installing, so it should be enough to get you from a standalone
backup kit and tape image to running VMS 1.5; the tape image and
standalone backup kit are compressed using 7-Zip because otherwise it
would take 27 billion years to upload on my connection.

--
STCKON08DS0
Contact information available upon request.