[Simh] Unix v7 tty terminals in SimH pdp11

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 09:56:19 EDT 2017

Thanks, Johnny. I found my notes on when I did this in V6. I had the
following in my ini file:
set dci en
set dci lines=8
set dco 7b
att dci 5555

and when I boot V6 and telnet into it I get this:
telnet localhost 5555
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

Connected to the PDP-11 simulator DCI device, line 0

login: dmr
Login incorrect.
Name: root
#

Which is great. I tried the same in V7 after editing /etc/ttys, which is
different in V7 than V6, having lines like:
14console
00tty00
00tty01

Which I changed to:
14console
10tty00
10tty01

After reboot, no go though. The telnet session is unresponsive.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Will

--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF