[Simh] Raspberry Pi 3 with tun/tap causes XQ to fail

paulhardy2 at btinternet.com paulhardy2 at btinternet.com
Wed Nov 15 07:56:51 EST 2017

I did some quick tests on my Raspberry Pi 3 SimH today. This was giving repeatable 53 errors in the startup self-tests.

1) Switching to the KA655_test.bin made no difference.
2) commenting out the nvram attach then prompted for language, and on entering 4 (UK) then ran through the tests without failure.
3) leaving attach in, but renaming away the existing nvram file, did exactly the same - no error.
4) after (3), I exited to SimH with CTRL/E and exited SimH with quit. This created a new nvram file. Restarting SimH gave same 53 error as original.

Mark, I can send you the nvram file if you want?

My Intel/Windows SimH doesn't seem to giving 53 errors at present, although I'm sure I had them intermittently in the past.

Regards,

--
Paul Hardy