[Simh] Raspberry Pi 3 with tun/tap causes XQ to fail

Wilm Boerhout wboerhout at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 07:43:12 EST 2017

Jeremy Begg schreef op 13-11-2017 om 13:38:
> Hi Wilm,
>
> Thank you for the prompt reply.
>
>> On 13 Nov 2017, at 9:43 PM, Wilm Boerhout <wboerhout at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Jeremy Begg schreef op 13-11-2017 om 11:03:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to get SIMH up and running on the ethernet interface of a
>>> Raspberry Pi 3.  I have followed the intructions in 0readme_ethernet.txt,
>>> installing the libpcap-dev, bridge-utils and uml-utilities packages before
>>> building SIMH itself.  I just ran 'make vax' and let it go, and the build to
>>> completion.
>>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> My TUN/TAP and bridge are set up in /etc/rc.local in Raspbian (jessie & stretch), as follows:
> Are you sure this applies to the machine running the “stretch” release?
> The ‘ifconfig’ command on that system (well, on mine, anyway!) doesn’t display “inet addr” anywhere in its output, it just has “inet”.
> So the various grep commands in your example don’t work.
>
> Thanks
>
> 	Jeremy Begg
Oops, my bad. I did not realize that this Pi is the one remaining that
still runs jessie. I hate to convert because it doubles as my OpenVPN
server.

Anyway, for stretch, the setup is the same, aprt from:

# get current IP params
HOSTIP=`ifconfig $IFACE | grep "inet " | gawk -- '{ print $2 }'`
HOSTNM=`ifconfig $IFACE | grep "inet " | gawk -- '{ print $4 }'`
HOSTBC=`ifconfig $IFACE | grep "inet " | gawk -- '{ print $6 }'`
HOSTGW=`route -n | grep ^0.0.0.0 | gawk -- '{ print $2 }'`

/Wilm