[Simh] OpenBSD on Simh VAX 3.8-1 - Segmentation fault

Gary Lee Phillips tivo.overo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 06:52:49 EST 2017

Long time ago. It was probably Slackware 9. And as Mark says, the makefile
needed a lot of tweaking and I'm not real proficient at C stuff so it took
me a lot of fumbling around. The simh version was 3.8 or perhaps even
earlier. Slackware didn't have much in the way of precompiled packages at
the time.

When I moved from Slackware to Debian things got a whole lot easier for the
most part. When I was still working I had some forced experience with
RedHat and (eeeww) UnixWare, but I find Debian much more straightforward
and reliable. I use the Mint variant because I like the desktop and user
interfaces.

--Gary