[Simh] OpenBSD on Simh VAX 3.8-1 - Segmentation fault

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 04:51:09 EST 2017

Hello!
I agree. Last time I made my big try it was to first have to track
down and build a copy of tcpdump that would build properly on Eleven.
As I recall releases later then 0.8 for libpcap would in fact be
needed for networking to work properly that way. On Linux of course.
On Windows I simply either made use of the Minimal Cygwin project
build files, and of course the tools, and installed beforehand the
Winpcap library. Or install that library, and then a prebuilt binary
who did do networking.

And I am certainly agreeing with you regarding the job they did
concerning the local customization things for Debian and its ilk.

Anyway if this works I'll need to track down the right methods for
shoehorning DecNet onto it. I've other items. The bigger problem is of
course that of remembering which DEC OS the networking stuff ran well
on....

Incidentally I've corrected the mispelling of the library name. And my
name is exactly as spelled on the signature. The name you posted must
have been an autocorrect mistake.
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com