[Simh] EXT :Re: OpenBSD on Simh VAX 3.8-1 - Segmentation fault

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Nov 8 12:19:43 EST 2017

> On Nov 8, 2017, at 12:04 PM, Bob Eager <rde at tavi.co.uk> wrote:
>
> As an aside, I'm the maintainer of the simh package on FreeBSD.
>
> I've stuck at 3.9, again because of the ongoing development of 4.0. If
> there is a stable version I can grab, I'll do a 4.x package.

It seems that the new model is that V4 is simply what's on Github, and there isn't any "stable version" snapshot contemplated.  Given that packagers are likely to be expecting such a stable version marking, the current model might be problematic for anyone who likes prepackaged stuff.

I may be wrong about the model, but it sure has been a very long time since the last "official" release, and V4.0 appears to be stable enough to mark it as such.

	paul