[Simh] RT-11 disk image

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 21:20:11 EDT 2017

On 11/2/17 5:19 PM, Henry Bent wrote:
> On 2 November 2017 at 11:07, Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com
> <mailto:will.senn at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 11/1/17 11:57 PM, Ray Jewhurst wrote:
>>     I was wondering if anyone has a pre-built RT-11 with Fortran IV
>>     installed that they could send. I followed multiple tutorials on
>>     installing it and I always am unsuccessful. Someone sent me one
>>     about a year ago but I lost it in a hard drive crash. Any help
>>     would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>     Thanks in advance
>>
>>     Ray

>     Ray,
>
>     I am at work, or I'd try to throw an image together for you. I'll
>     look at this tonight. In the meantime, I have some notes on how to
>     do it that should hold up even though I wrote then a couple of
>     years ago. There are two - one for RT11 and one for the
>     programming environment. If you follow them both, you should wind
>     up with a working RT11 v5.3 with Fortran IV that is capable of
>     building the ADVENT source code into a working program. After that
>     you're on your own - I'm not a RT11 guy or a Fortran guy :)
>
>     RT11 note:
>
>     https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1_Jn6Hlzym-aU9nZm1ETTRfY1U
>     <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1_Jn6Hlzym-aU9nZm1ETTRfY1U>
>
>     Fortran and programming environment note:
>
>     https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1_Jn6Hlzym-bnV1YWpNX0JRczA
>     <https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1_Jn6Hlzym-bnV1YWpNX0JRczA>
>
>     Now that my interest is tweaked, I may clean 'em up and post them
>     on my blog in a more readable form.
>
>     Thanks,
>
>     Will
>
> Hi Will,
>
> I am not a Fortran person either but I do have a little bit of RT11
> experience, along with a fair bit of SIMH experience, and I just
> wanted to say that both of these documents are exceptionally well
> done.  Their explicit transcription and verbosity make them suitable
> for the absolute beginner, and that same plain English makes them easy
> to scan through for someone who knows a bit more about the subject.  I
> applaud your work.
>
> -Henry

Thanks! I was trying to capture what I understood about it at the time
and do it in a way that would also be replicable down the road. I should
have put it up on the blog, but I generally won't put it out there if
it's not 100% and this one has a few rough edges that I haven't taken
the time to clean up.

Will

--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF