[Simh] RT-11 disk image

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 18:19:47 EDT 2017

On 2 November 2017 at 11:07, Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/1/17 11:57 PM, Ray Jewhurst wrote:
>
> I was wondering if anyone has a pre-built RT-11 with Fortran IV installed
> that they could send. I followed multiple tutorials on installing it and I
> always am unsuccessful. Someone sent me one about a year ago but I lost it
> in a hard drive crash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ray

> Ray,
>
> I am at work, or I'd try to throw an image together for you. I'll look at
> this tonight. In the meantime, I have some notes on how to do it that
> should hold up even though I wrote then a couple of years ago. There are
> two - one for RT11 and one for the programming environment. If you follow
> them both, you should wind up with a working RT11 v5.3 with Fortran IV that
> is capable of building the ADVENT source code into a working program. After
> that you're on your own - I'm not a RT11 guy or a Fortran guy :)
>
> RT11 note:
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1_Jn6Hlzym-aU9nZm1ETTRfY1U
>
> Fortran and programming environment note:
>
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1_Jn6Hlzym-bnV1YWpNX0JRczA
>
> Now that my interest is tweaked, I may clean 'em up and post them on my
> blog in a more readable form.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will

Hi Will,

I am not a Fortran person either but I do have a little bit of RT11
experience, along with a fair bit of SIMH experience, and I just wanted to
say that both of these documents are exceptionally well done.  Their
explicit transcription and verbosity make them suitable for the absolute
beginner, and that same plain English makes them easy to scan through for
someone who knows a bit more about the subject.  I applaud your work.

-Henry