[Simh] New simulator - VAX-11/782

Matt Burke matt at 9track.net
Fri May 19 18:15:17 EDT 2017

Ok, so now it's time to reveal the new 'device' I've been working on
that I mentioned a few days ago. It is in fact the MA780 multi-port
memory as used by the VAX-11/782. Simulator source is now on Github and
binaries (for Win32) are available on my website along with a guide on
how to setup VAX/VMS for asymmetric multi-processing:

http://www.9track.net/simh/vax782/

This simulator relies on a new module 'sim_ipc' which has O/S specific
code for inter-process communication. This module should work on at
least Windows, VMS and POSIX compliant UNIX variants but no doubt some
more work will be required in this area to make it truly portable. There
are a few known issues as noted on my website but please try this out
and let me know how you get on.

I suspect the simulation is not totally accurate as there was very
little documentation available to base this on. Does anyone have a copy
of the following manuals?

EK-MA780-TD - MA780 Technical Description
MP-00826-00 - MA780 Field Maintenance Print Set

Matt