[Simh] vax750 and simulated hard-wired serial connections and Raspbian

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Tue May 9 13:15:12 EDT 2017

I am participating in the UUCP project and have set up a SIMH vax750 on
a Raspberry Pi. I am using the 4.3BSD bits that the UUCP project lead
(Warren) provides to install the system and followed his instructions
for configuring it.

It uses a simulated hard-wired serial connection to communicate with a
remote simulated host over TCP/IP. However, I have not been able to make
this connection work. Everything seems good on the simulated VAX. But
when I initiate connections to the remote host, I see no corresponding
activity on my network.

Any suggestions of specific things to check to figure out why nothing is
going out to the network?

alan