[Simh] Problems install RSX-11M+ v4.6

Ray Jewhurst raywjewhurst at gmail.com
Sun May 7 15:05:05 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,
I am trying to do my first installation and sysgen of RSX-11M+ (actually
first of any RSX-11!) and I am follow the instructions at
http://www.9track.net/pdp11/rsx4_sysgen and I am having problems right out
of the gate. When I try to copy the baseline system this is what I get:

RSX-11M/RSX-11M-PLUS STANDALONE COPY SYSTEM V4.8

RSX-11M/RSX-11M-PLUS Standalone Configuration and Disk Sizing Program

Valid switches are:
        /CSR=nnnnnn to change the default device CSR
        /VEC=nnn to change the default device vector
        /FOR=n to change the default magtape formatter number
        /DEV to list all default device CSR and vectors

Enter first device: ms0:

Enter second device: db0:

Invalid device

This is my config:
set cpu 11/73
set rqb enable
set rq0 ra92
set rq1 ra92
set rq2 ra92
set rq3 ra92
set rqb0 ra92
set rqb1 ra92
set rqb2 rx50
set rqb3 cdrom
set tm disable
set ts enable
set vh enable
set vh lines=16
at rq0 d0.dsk
at rq1 d1.dsk
at rq2 d2.dsk
at rq3 d3.dsk
at rqb0 db0.dsk
at rqb1 db1.dsk
at ts BB-J0830-01.M01_RSX11M+_V4.6_1999.tap
set xq mac=08-00-2b-1a-2b-3c
at xq eth0
set con telnet=1026
b ts

Every source I have found says that an rq disk in simh should be db in RSX
but it doesn't work.  I have even tried other rq disks to no avail.  I want
to do some experimenting and join HECNET eventually which is why I chose
such large drives.

Any assistance would be kind and helpful.
Thanks,
Ray