[Simh] LAVC

Sergey Oboguev oboguev at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 19:58:36 EST 2017

Here is a bunch of Unix source kits, including some Ultrix sources
https://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=379560

and here is Ultrix-11 3.1
http://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=Ultrix-3.1

Your license mileage may vary.

VMS source code is not on the internet, but there are source kits around.
I passed ones that I had from an old time (late 3.x and 4.0) over to Computer History Museum.
Some other people are likewise likely to have them.
They used to cost about $50K I think back in the day and had a fairly limited circulation unlike listing kits that were much cheaper (and were sold on those blue/white microfiches first, and later on CDs).

OpenVMS listing kits for Alpha/IA-64 are probably still available commercially from HP (or is it VMS Software Inc. now?), at least they used to be few years back (I got one for 8.3) and used to cost about $1300. Note that these are *listings* but they can be massaged back to a source-like readable (but not naively-buildable) form. LMF code and perhaps few other small pieces are excluded, but otherwise they are pretty complete.

OpenVMS VAX listing kits were likewise available commercially until a few years ago when a support for VAX-anything had been dropped by HP and VAX software product line was no longer orderable from HP. I still managed to obtain OpenVMS VAX 7.3 listing kit shortly after that, but it was a lengthy and complicated process handled eventually on a special-case basis (on a positive side, since it was no longer officially sellable and no accountant wished to touch it with a long pole, I received it free of charge). Few years back I also posted here a link to a quick&dirty program to massage OpenVMS VAX 7.3 listing kit back to a source-like form for those farsighted souls who stocked on the former in time.

I am unsure what is the current IP and accessibility status for OpenVMS source/listings between HP and VSI.