[Simh] Compiling AltairZ80 gives an executable with an issue...

Alan Kamrowski II alank2 at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 15 07:59:06 EDT 2017

Hi Mark and Ray,

Thank you; I found the sources, but when I tried to compile them I ran into some issues with a stat.h that isn’t included in my compiler so I’ll have to workaround that to see if I can it to compile.

I did try further testing, but the issue is very peculiar.  Here is the emulated PC running CP/M.  The left side is when it works properly (b:, ctrl-c, a:, dir) and the right side is just a dir.  I traced this further and found that the Z flag is set on the right and not set on the left which is what causes a difference in execution.  The two out commands are not executed on the right and this is why it fails.  The question what type of compiler issue would cause the Z flag to be set when it shouldn’t be…

Thanks,

Alan