[Simh] Compiling AltairZ80 gives an executable with an issue...

Alan Kamrowski II alank2 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 14 22:00:48 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

I've tried compiling the simhv39-0.zip with my Borland compiler and it
compiles without errors, but using a configuration:

set cpu 8080

attach dsk0 cpm.dsk

attach dsk1 new.dsk

load dbl.bin ff00

go ff00

And a bootable CP/M image, I have a weird issue.  It will boot CP/M
properly, but if you do a directory you get:

Altair 8800 (Z80) simulator V3.9-0

256 bytes [1 page] loaded at ff00.

63K CP/M

Version 2.2mits (07/28/80)

Copyright 1980 by Burcon Inc.

A>dir

Bdos Err On A: Bad Sector

There is one way to get it to work, and that is to logon to drive B:, then
use Ctrl-C, then A:, then DIR.  It will work once.