[Simh] Oddball platform as SIMH/pdp11 host

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 22:20:46 EDT 2017

Hello!
Can the SIMH project materials, such as the PDP11 emulator be built
and even managed on an Intel Galileo gen 2 ( or the gen 1) platform?

This is an Intel QUARK SOC platform leveraged such that it's output
and input is in the form of the Arduino families.

However networking is already physically present, and there are two
serial ports, the main one, and the classic one found as digital pins
0 and 1.

Ideally what I'd like is to have the thing pose as an appropriate
PDP11, and deliver its terminal via the second serial output.

For digital I/O i'd eventually like to tease the thing to allow its
eight regular pins to become the ones for an emulated DR-11 or DR-11C
board.

I do know that the latest release of the E11 product does make use of
one company's digital I/O board to become either one of those. And I'm
not even sure how to get that product to work in what I'm reasonably
sure SIMH could do.

But one problem at a time.....
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com