[Simh] Rainbow100

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jul 20 13:52:15 EDT 2017

The earliest documents I've found for the GIGI are late 1980, but most
are from around mid 1981.

Either way, mass storage sure is a sore point, but there were other
examples of micros around that era with a built-in BASIC and no mass
storage (or mass storage introduced at a later point in time), so it
wasn't totally unique.

I would definitely classify it as a micro either way.

Storage hurts it, I don't see why it would exclude it from being called
a micro. As for existing software, for me that would be totally
irrelevant. That's a question of how much of an eco system got created
around the computer. It don't change the computer itself.

   Johnny