[Simh] SIMH in the news today

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Tue Jan 31 15:19:27 EST 2017

Johnny Billquist wrote:
> So you obviously also know of ITS machines that have been existing all
> the time. :-)

Yes.  It was certainly never gone.  But I don't know any continuously
running ITS in the period between 1990-2001.

I have made a table of all ITS machines I've heard about here:
https://github.com/PDP-10/its/issues/181

> Your recount though, sounds more like you are talking about a specific
> machine or site, and not ITS in general.

I didn't mean to.  But yes, until the mid 80s, it was a MIT-only affair.
Maybe KATIA was the very first outside MIT?

> Confusing to talk both about the emulator KLH, and the person KLH, who
> wrote KLH... :-)

I wrote KLH for the person, and KLH10 for the emulator.

> And then you had some individuals who had their own KS at home.

Right.  Digex, MRC, John Wilson.  Some MIT KSes went to Chris Zach.
And more people in modern times.

> You might want to talk with Björn Victor...

I have that covered. :-)