[Simh] VAX memory

gérard Calliet gerard.calliet at pia-sofer.fr
Thu Jan 19 15:25:17 EST 2017

Hello,

I use simh to emulate a VAX. It seems I have a strange issue.
I have a process which use a huge number of logical names. So it uses
memory. With a physical VAX of 128m it was difficult but possible.
I use the same system disk (upgraded from VMS 6 to VMS 7.3).
I use last version of simh with 512m and I get a "%SYSTEM-F-INSFMEM,
insufficient dynamic memory" message.
I thought new version of VMS needed more memory, so I add a lot to all
the memory parameters. Same problem.
When I do a $show mem, it seems there is enought memory, when I do a
$show process/account it seems the process is not out of its limit.
Could it be some issue from simh? Did someone encount such problem?

Thanks for ideas.

Gerard Calliet

---