[Simh] PDP-10 simulation: TENEX

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Wed Jan 4 16:14:29 EST 2017

> > Do KI TENEX sources exist??
>
> Yes, see KIFLG in version 1.34.

In May 2015, I wrote:
http://mailman.trailing-edge.com/pipermail/simh/2015-May/013479.html

    Many "IFN KIFLG" lines, but in pagem.mac:

	IFN KIFLG,<
	EXTERN MOVRCA,MVMRCA

    Later in the file:
	;GIVEN A CORE PAGE IN 2, AND N IN 1, FETCH NTH WORD FROM PAGE
	;CAN BE CALLED AT ANY PI LEVEL

	IFN KAFLG,<
	MOVRCA: HRLI 2,RWXB             ;CONSTRUCT POINTER
		PIOFF
		MOVEM 2,MMAP+PIPG
		CONO PGR,1              ;CLEAR MON AR'S
		MOVE 1,PIPGA(1)
		PION
		RET

	;GIVEN A CORE PAGE IN 3, AND N IN 2, STORE 4 IN NTH WORD
	; OF THE PAGE. KI VERSION NOT YET WRITTEN, WILL BE IN KISRV
    But................^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Has KISRV.MAC been found?

The latter comment could, of course have been obsolete...
We know how much programmers enjoy updating documentation!

The kisrv.mac does show up in this list of 133-tenex files:

http://web.stanford.edu/group/htgg/cgi-bin/mediawiki/index.php?title=Arcfiles.740418-760326.filtered

My first job was working for Dan Murphy's wife, Sara on FORTRAN-10/20.
Dan worked at the other end of a LARGE room of cubicles of 36-bit
Software Engineering people.  I don't have a record of asking Dan if
he had any KI10 TENEX bits (ISTR he did the work on contract to DEC),
but if he had, they might have been on the same disk pack with his
historical versions of TECO, that disappeared after he left DEC
Marlborough....

phil