[Simh] ts10 and mse (my new emulator)

Phil Budne phil at ultimate.com
Mon Feb 20 15:18:38 EST 2017

> Not sure how meaningful sound is. In general, I would not be able to
> tell one computer from another. The noise normally comes from lots of
> fans, and they sound the same no matter which computer they are in.

My first thought about the sound of a KL10 was the roar of the fans
and the cold of machine room.  But I remember when I would take Boston
University's 2060 (Orange KL10) stand-alone, I would fiddle with the
FE switches to move the console from the LA36 to an VT100 in the
Operator's room next door: I remember I could hear the creaking sound
of the RP06 PS: device seeking each time I issued the RSX20F boot
command to try a new monitor image.

But that's the only time I remember knowing a change in sound was
because of something I had done...