[Simh] Announcement: back10

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Tue Feb 14 04:42:00 EST 2017

Johnny Eriksson wrote:
> This is very much a work-in-progress, so things might change.  If
> you have any opinion on how things should work, please let me know.

If there's one thing I'd wish for, it would be for a standard encoding
of binary 36-bit data into octets.  FTP uses high density format.
Magtapes use core dump format.  ITS files and itstar use the evacuate
format.  Then there's the ANSI-ASCII/KERMIT-36 5x7+1 format.  Let's not
bring up disk images or 7-track and paper tapes.

Converting between all these is a small cottage industry.