[Simh] Release of a set of simulators for IBM 7000 series mainframes.

Richard Cornwell rich at sky-visions.com
Fri Dec 29 13:51:25 EST 2017

Hi Tim,

> I forget to tell something.  There is TSS/360 dist available on
> Internet.

   I can only find the TSS/370 dist on the Hercules sites. I looked at
   the source and it only supports a 370, not a 360/67. If you know of
   a 360/67 version of this let me know.

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Timothy Stark <fsword007 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > There are VM/370 and MVS 3.8j dist available on Internet for IBM 370
> > system.

   Yes I know, however the only compilers are for OS/360. There is also
   DOSVS/370, OS/VS1 available.

   Hercules is a very good simulator for a 390, it sort of does a 370,
   but does not simulate a 360. It also does all I/O instantly, rather
   then over time like a real 360 would. Also it can only set memory to
   I think 2Mb min. My 360 will go from 16k to 4M (16M if you want). I
   am not trying to replace Hercules, rather do something different.

> > I am working on MP facility on my MSE emulator to handle
> > multi-processor systems. I successfully created and execute thread
> > process for additional CPU process, I/O devices, and front-end
> > processors.

  I've been following this. Will be interesting to see what comes out
  of it.

Rich

> > On Fri, Dec 29, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Richard Cornwell
> > <rich at sky-visions.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,

> >>   I have a 360 in the works, however it does not want to run
> >> DOS/360 or OS/360. Anyone caring to help debug, let me know. Not
> >> sure if I will add in support for the 370. I would like to do a 67
> >> mod, especially if I can find a copy of CP/67 or CP/40 or TSS/360.
> >> Right now only MTS prior to version 3 or 4 supports the 67. Not
> >> going beyond a 370 though. I might do a 650 simulator, since that
> >> is basically a modification to my 7070 simulator. For a 390 and
> >> above there is Hercules which does a real good job.
> >>
> >> Rich
> >>
> >> --
> >> ============================================================
> >> ==============