[Simh] Dec-10 Day announcement from Living Computers: Museum + Labs

Johnny Eriksson bygg at cafax.se
Wed Dec 13 08:49:09 EST 2017

Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

> > I was disappointed to learn that the RM05 was never supported, either.
>
> Hmm. Yeah, I can't remember ever seeing 18-bit packs or support on the RM05.

We had several RM05's on kicki back in those days.  Things needed:

  * Include drive geometry etc. in driver tables.

  * Make sure the controller in the drive (same HW as RM03 if I remember
    correctly, but sitting in a separate cabinet beside the drive) has
    the appropriate jumper installed in the backplane to enable 18-bit
    mode.

  * Format the pack in 18-bit mode.  We did that with a user-mode program
    using the write-data-and-headers I/O function.  I have the source to
    that (short) program somewhere.

Support?  Don't think so...

>    Johnny

--Johnny (the other one)