[Simh] DECnet for Linux problems (Ubuntu 17.10)

Larry Baker baker at usgs.gov
Tue Dec 12 14:48:07 EST 2017

Tim,

It would be nice to know where the Linux-DECnet package sources end up.  I have an update to Version 1.3 for the libvaxdata library that is included in the Linux-DECnet package.  (Do not use the one on the web page, https://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2005/1424—it has not been updated for some reason.)  Once in a great while I do try to update the Linux I use for DECnet.  At that point, I have to fix the Linux kernel drivers.  (The Linux-DECnet package is just the utilities and libraries, not the drivers.)  That FAL-to-NFS gateway, for example, is usable for standalone backups and restores of VAXes and Alphas.  Real VAXes and Alphas.  It is probably not that big a deal for SIMH VAXes.

Larry Baker
US Geological Survey
650-329-5608
baker at usgs.gov