[Simh] Dec-10 Day announcement from Living Computers: Museum + Labs

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Dec 11 14:10:42 EST 2017

> On Dec 11, 2017, at 2:01 PM, Tim Shoppa <tshoppa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In the ancient past the SMD-under-Massbus-emulation third party manufacturers (Emulex, etc.) would give binary patch locations to enlarge the RSTS/E drivers for full size use. I'm sure these had to change for every OS release.
>
> I don't think Mentec had a full release of RSTS/E in their time. 10.1 was mostly Y2K ready in 1992, and I'm sure through the 1990's that Mentec sold it, but 10.1 release predated Mentec's acquisition. (Remind me, was the RSTS/E 10.1 Macro assembler date listing fully Y2K compliant? I remember that being a sticking point under one of the OS's.)

I hadn't noticed, but the answer is no.  Looking at some RT Macro listings under RSTS V10, the one from 2000 has the year shown as "100" while the one from 2010 has the year shown as "78".

RSTS itself is Y2K compliant, though; this seems like an issue either with the RT11 date encoding, or with the RT11 emulator.

	paul