[Simh] Dec-10 Day announcement from Living Computers: Museum + Labs

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Dec 11 11:37:34 EST 2017

Paul. The RM06 has its own massbus id. The device can also emulate existing dec disks, which means no changes needed. But when identified as an RM06 it becomes a bit more interesting as this device does not have a fixed size. Similar to mscp in that way. It has fixed numbers for sectors/track and tracks/cylinder but the number of cylinders depends on the actual disk. So the os must figure disk size out at runtime.

I know rsx does it, as I have the sources. I would expect that Mentec also added this for RSTS/E but I have not actually checked that.

  Johnny

Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> skrev: (11 december 2017 15:38:26 CET)

--
Skickat från min Android-enhet med K-9 Mail. Ursäkta min fåordighet.