[Simh] [OFFTOPIC] LAT license for Lantronix ETS8P terminal server

Tony Nicholson tony.nicholson at computer.org
Tue Dec 5 17:19:06 EST 2017

Hello Ruzsi.

I use a Lantronix ETS8PS terminal server on my local network because
it's useful for LAT, Telnet to LAT gateway, and giving access to my
real VAX and Alpha consoles (which I define as LAT services).

If you search the strings in the ETSP.SYS firmware image file for "LAT
license" you will find the clear-text password for using on the DEFINE
PROTOCOL LAT LICENSE command ;)

Also, if you haven't already done so, I'd recommend upgrading the
firmware from https://www.lantronix.com/resources/discontinued-products/
or via anonymous ftp from ftp.lantronix.com.

Tony

Tony Nicholson <tony.nicholson at computer.org>