[Simh] DEC VT emulators on MAME

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Mon Apr 10 19:31:34 EDT 2017

In article <c54a5796-bf95-06e4-9890-6d17259c069c at softjar.se>,
    Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> writes:

> On 2017-04-11 00:27, Richard wrote:
> > In article <f1af2a15-70dd-d3c5-cc76-28529509265d at softjar.se>,
> >     Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> writes:
> >
> >> You will also want a dump of the ROM cartridge, that actually holds most
> >> of the code...
> >
> > What do you mean by "ROM cartridge"?  I've never seen any cartridges
> > for DEC terminals, not even the GIGI.
> >
> > Are you referring to E80?
>
> No. The VT330 and VT340 have an external cartridhe that plugs into a
> slot in the back, and which holds most of the code.

You're describing this like there's a port on the external case of the
terminal for this, but I am not seeing that in the diagrams.  It shows
on the engineering drawings as a connector on the rear side of the
CPU module.

<http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/dec/terminal/MP02411_VT330_EngrDrws_Feb87.pdf>

Am I missing something?

While we're talking about additional ROMs that need to be dumped,
there appears to be a ROM on the graphics board as well.
            The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>