[Simh] VAX 11/782 simulation [was: :Re: Pdp8 terminals]

Jeremy Begg jeremy at vsm.com.au
Wed Sep 7 18:12:05 EDT 2016

Hi,

VMS 5.0 introduced Symmetric MultiProcessing (SMP) and discontinued support for the 782. This would have been in the late 1980s by which time DEC had released "proper" multiprocessor VAX models.

VMS still has the concept of a "primary CPU" and I think there are still some interrupt handlers which run *only* on the primary CPU.

Jeremy Begg

Sent from my iPad