[Simh] Pdp8 terminals

Gene Irwin girwin1215 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:11:11 EDT 2016

I have been looking at the ttix/ttox interface.  Simh seems to only support
one unit of 4 ports.

But tss8 supports 8 users. So does edusystem 20 and 25.

Is this only a simh limitation, a user error, or some strange hardware
configuration I amassing?

ttox shows 4 units. I don't see a way to modify this.

In high school I used a pdp-8/e with edusystem 25 and 8 users. But 5 were
Dec writers and 3 were teletypes on dialup.

So the other 3 used a different interface maybe?

I can't find any hardware requirements for edusystem configurations other
than core and storage.

Anyone have any ideas?