[Simh] Tops (-10) development

Johnny Eriksson bygg at cafax.se
Sat Sep 3 22:10:20 EDT 2016

> Your TOPSY.MIC does not have CD configured in it, that's necessary to run
> it without specifying RUN, correct?
>
> > .path/add:dskg:
> > .cd 10,10,mon705

Just an oversight from me, I define CD as a job-local command in my
init files.  Just add it in with the other site-local commands in the
file.

I will fix this.

> Should this be done from NFT?  It didn't work for me otherwise.
>
> > ; Make a subdir for the system, and install template files:
> > ; (using topsy as a template source)
> > .copy xxx.sfd=nul:
> > .cd xxx
> > .copy =topsy:*.*

Possibly, sorry, I wrote this from memory, did not try it out live.

> .ru arplst
>
> 10.12.10.2 is at 38:c9:86:45:8c:96, ttl = 300
> 10.12.255.255 is at 00:00:c0:00:00:00, ttl = 5
>
> I appear to be missing some date/time-related patches though...

The ARP code has had some work done (quite a lot actually) and I don't
know the exact status of what you got.  Timeouts needs two things:

1. The more or less newest code.  I will try to post a new version
   of it in the coming week.

2. A patch to the system to set the location "arpxxx" to a very large
   value, like -1.  This is a debugging flag that I think can be taken
   out of service now...

If your monitor has that symbol, patch it and the apr cache should time
out like it should.  If not, get the updated code.

On HECNET, topsy::dskg:[10,10,ipv4] should be it.

--Johnny