[Simh] Tops (-10) development

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sat Sep 3 00:19:57 EDT 2016

On Fri, 2 Sep 2016, Johnny Eriksson wrote:

> I realise that I have not done much documentation...
>
>> What scripts do I need to execute to configure the path before building
>> and linking? ;)
>
> For now, hope that this helps.  Will try to do a better job in the future.

It does - it helps a lot, thank you!

I have a few suggestions/questions though...

> Right now I have very little spare time, but I will try to help out with
> this as much as I can.
>

> First, the general layout is that the DEC sources are kept in [10,7],
> unmodified, and all changes are done to a tree under [10,10].
>
> For the system itself, built on the monitor sources included with the
> twonky distribution, the DEC sources are under [10,7,mon705] and the
> updated stuff is under [10,10,mon705].  To build a new system, let's
> call it XXX, under what I have, do essentially the following:
>
> (the program CD is on dskg:[1,4])

Your TOPSY.MIC does not have CD configured in it, that's necessary to run
it without specifying RUN, correct?

> .path/add:dskg:
> .cd 10,10,mon705

Should this be done from NFT?  It didn't work for me otherwise.

> ; Make a subdir for the system, and install template files:
> ; (using topsy as a template source)
> .copy xxx.sfd=nul:
> .cd xxx
> .copy =topsy:*.*
>
> ; Use some editor to create xxx.mic from topsy.mic, and change
> ; things like node name and numbers for the various networks.

Ahh, I love using EDT ;)

> Hope this helps somewhat.

Helped a lot. ;)

.ru arplst

10.12.10.2 is at 38:c9:86:45:8c:96, ttl = 300
10.12.255.255 is at 00:00:c0:00:00:00, ttl = 5

I appear to be missing some date/time-related patches though...

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff