[Simh] RT-11 source

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 15:04:39 EDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 12:55 PM, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:
> Did anyone ever port MINIX to the PDP-11?

I know there's MINIX for the 68000 and SPARC (as of 2.0) and of ARM
(as of 3.0), but I've never heard of MINIX for the PDP-11.  Given that
MINIX 1.0 will run on a 5150-type IBM PC, the utilities and such
should fit into a 64KB address space, but without some digging
wouldn't know if they also depend on split I&D or not (since that's
"free" on Intel CPUs).

It might be do-able, but wouldn't be done quickly.  I remember more
than a little IBM assembler in the MINIX sources, and I don't recall
how tightly the old stuff is tied to the processor and/or ISA Bus
implementation.

-ethan