[Simh] Operating Systems with Sources

Richard Cornwell skyvis at sky-visions.com
Mon Oct 24 08:50:13 EDT 2016

> On 23 October 2016 at 23:12, Richard Cornwell
> <skyvis at sky-visions.com> wrote:
> >    Pretty well actually. I wrote a simulator last year for it.
> >
> I was actually asking more along the lines of "is there a tutorial on
> how to run MCP on SIMH?" I've seen a lot of stuff on Paul Kimpel's
> simulator (which looks very nice), but personally I prefer to use
> SIMH.

  I have some documents on my web site:

     http://sky-visions.com/burroughs/

  It is not that difficult.

  If you need more info or have questions let me know.

  Grab the .ini file, and cold start deck off my web site. Grab the
  tapes off Paul's site. Then just:

  b5500 xiii.ini

  sim> boot cr

  Follow Paul's instructions on loading the system. <esc> is the
  inquiry key.

  Once the system is installed on disk, you can do.

  b5500 xiii.ini
  sim> det cr
  sim> boot dk

  To boot the disk.

  If you want I can put together a step by step how to.

> >    Also adding to the list of OS's TOPS 10 also was distributed by
> >    Source.
> >
> Oh yeah, I forgot about TOPS-10. Didb't TOPS-20 also come with
> sources as well?

   Yeah, forgot about that one.

   CDC also distributed much of their systems with sources also.
   However I believe this stopped by the time of NOS, then source was
   only available on request.

Rich

Richard Cornwell
skyvis at sky-visions.com